Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hershey and a Birthday

Ahhh, Hershey, PA a beautiful place to go and visit. I tend to go up to Hershey 3 – 4 times a year. Usually it includes a trip to the Chocolate Spa, some shopping and the occasional trip over to Lancaster. This trip got a late start so we had a quick bite to eat and went to the hotel.
This was my birthday treat - when I was a kid I hated having a July 3rd birthday. Everyone was away for the holiday and I had to have parties in May…Really it was smart of my mom, but doesn’t every kid want to have a party on there their real birthday. (More than just the family getting together) Anyway, as an adult I love having a birthday right before a holiday - most years I don’t have to work and if I do I take it off - truly a beautiful thing.
My birthday started with breakfast at the Hershey Pantry. It has great food, service and is an all round cute little restaurant.  I would go back again without hesitation. Then it was off to the Chocolate Spa – if you haven’t been I recommend it. It has everything you need to relax from the robes, to silent rooms and no cell phones – it is exactly what is needed from our plugged in world. I had the chocolate dipped strawberry and then a 50 minute massage. The chocolate dipped strawberry was a strawberry seed scrub and a chocolate mud wrap – I have to say these are two of my favorite services to get. Your skin feels great after and you smell heavenly. 
After that we changed hotels and actually spent the night at the Hershey Hotel (the link has a little history on the hotel). It is a beautiful hotel and has been well renovated and up kept for being built in the 1930s. The grounds are immaculate and well kept.  We had a free night which is why we chose to stay there (I’m a Marriott girl & don’t venture to other hotels often) it’s definitely on the pricey side and it would be a great location for a special event like a wedding or bridal shower, but for an average night there are plenty of nice hotels at lower rates in the area.

We were heading home this morning so we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed to walk through the Hershey Gardens. It was a little hot for my liking, but they are beautiful and the butterfly pavilion was definitely worth it.



Ok, off too bed - busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment