Saturday, April 17, 2010

Using Tin On Cards

WOW. It has been crazy Saturday. Had to drop the car off this morning for an oil change, got home did 4 loads of laundry, changed out the winter and summer clothes and then made a batch of brownies. Tonight is our SU! Demo’s monthly workshop and I am the host this month so snacks are brownies. 


I am also on the lookout for a cheap rental car for Nashville this week. Heading down there on Wednesday and staying til Saturday - looking forward to a fun little getaway with my favorite travel gal.

So with all that going on I still had time to sit down and make a card. Last week I went to the Queen’s Ink (http://www.queensink.com/) in Savage mills and was amazed by all the different mediums they use. I bought a few different things, but was most intrigued with the 8.5x11 colored tin sheets by Ten Seconds Studio. (http://www.tensecondsstudio.com/)

The card is simple, but the paisley background is what I am excited about. I cut the tin down to a large background layer for my card. I picked a sizzix embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. The tin then takes impression of the folder. I took a sand paper and sanded the raised impressions to remove the color from the raised tin. Leaving the pink in the background and the silver shining through – I think this is going to be new favorite technique for awhile.

Ok, off to finish getting ready for tonight.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love this, Patti. I've been seeing Ten Second Studio metal all over the place and I know I'll be trying it myself!

Thanks for visiting my blog -- and congratulations on starting your own. I've added a link on mine and I look forward to following along on your escapades :) .

Post a Comment