This morning I hit the Asian market and stocked up on veggies, chicken and shrimp. I love their food always fresh and so much cheaper than the regular grocery store. This week’s menu includes: Curried Shrimp, Chicken with Peanut Sauce & Lo Mein Noodles, and Grilled Chicken with Queso Verde Sauce.
Alright on to the card of the day – Which starts today. I am going to try and post a new card that I have created every day – Let’s see if I can do it!
Card of the Day: Sweet Indulgence – Thinking about you
Ok, I used the card HERE as inspiration. I changed up the colors a little and cut down on the embellishments. I do want to try and sew on my cards, but I need to master the copics before I take on that challenge. I am trying to “ground & shadow” my images. I am not there yet, but I think this was a decent first attempt. I am going to sign up for the Suzanne Dean Copic class I have heard a lot of great things and I am hoping it will help with my technique. The design of this card is based on the use of layers the only real thing that “pops” is the coffee mug in the left corner that I put on a dimensional.
- Stamps: Taylored Expressions: Sweet Indulgence
- Inks: Memento : Black tuxedo
- Paper: Gina K (card Base): Vibrant Violet, 5 ½ x 8 ½ (folded down to 5 ½ x 4 ¼ ), Taylored Expressions: Snow White 3 ½ x 2 ½ SU!: Whisper White: 5 ¼ x 4, DP: Sending Love Specialty 5 x 3 ¾, DCWV: DP 5 x 3 ¾ (for Cupcake Wrapper)
- Copics:, Coffee Mug - V17, V15, Cupcake & Chaise: BG05, Y08, RV06,RV10, RV13, C1
- Accessories: SU!: Circle punches, 1 ¼ inch (Taylored Expressions: Show white), 1 ¾ Inch (SU! Orchid Opulence) Dimensional